Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Getting Better All the Time

Things are still progressing well.  I know without a doubt that the B12 shots help the Bug so much.  We ran out and are waiting to get more, but in the few weeks he was having them it was amazing!  School was saying he was more focused and he was doing more spontaneous language.  One of my favorites is when he came home from school and I was busy folding laundry.  He kept pulling my hand trying to take me somewhere and finally he said"Mommy!" and I asked him if he wanted some toys and then he signed and said "yes!"  I couldn't believe it!  He never calls me mommy, and he has never answered a question!


Another cute thing was when he wanted to color.  He would draw a letter to the alphabet, and then wanted to find an object that corresponded with that letter!  It was so much fun to watch how creative he was.  Of course apple for a, banana for b.  He just kept lining it up until letter R, and then he was done.  It is so exciting to see these pre-reading skills pop up!  He can write the words "cat", "dinosaur", "elmo", and he is trying to write others!

We recently celebrated his birthday!  Birthdays bring him so much joy!  He loves the decorations and blowing out the candles.  We have a tradition of decorating his door and the kitchen.  The look on his face when he woke up was priceless!   For his birthday this year we got him the Toy Story 3 lego train, and he was in heaven.  I had to put it together, but he sat there and helped me for an 1 and a half and he would put together what he could figure out.  It was fun to put it together and to see him be so focused.










Little by little he is getting better.  I just feel him changing and growing.  There are still hard moments, times when my patience is gone, or I just have to cry.  He is a child you have to know what he is doing at all times, but I still sense this wonderful change happening. 

4 comments:

  1. That was a precious post Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you get glimpses of the incredible little person you have living inside that trap! One day, he'll be out and you'll probably be so surprised at how familiar he is!

    ReplyDelete